Monday, November 15, 2010

Starry-Eyed Interfacing

She said, “most people think I look Middle Eastern.”
I never asked
because everyone is an equal enemy
and another “she”
had chicken hanging tenuously
from her salmon lips
by a tendon, or maybe cartilage
two courses for the price of one
“I like you smiling behind poultry”
I said
At some stage
I said the same sentence twice
but I hoped that it would
mutate in context

One announced the need to yell
before killing something
I assumed she was talking
about sex
but only because that’s what I would be talking about
if I had said it
but I will never know

Money and Miro are both good
well, maybe just Miro
we agreed
and someone will need to supply
the extra parts
she is two steps ahead

Some of us sit at the same counters
a day or a year
later
and our bug eyes,
our resemblances
ignore the improbability of miracles
and acquaintance
all of it is happening to
someone else
blocks from there


No comments:

Post a Comment